|Richard Franklin Jarvis (1845-1943) - He looks very serious!|
- 15 Mar 1864 Enrolled at age 18 in Co. E, 54th N.C. Infantry
- 16 May 1864 Wounded - gunshot in arm by comrade (accident) at Drewry's Bluff, Virginia
- 14 Aug 1864 While on furlough to recover from gunshot wound, married Martha Ann "Mat" Pardue (1845-1934)
- 25 Mar 1865 Captured at Petersburg, Va. and taken as P.O.W. to Point Lookout, Md.
- 28 Jun 1865 Released from Point Lookout, Md. on taking oath of allegiance to the U.S.
He died on 23 Feb 1943 at age 97. He was the last Confederate veteran in Wilkes County, N.C.
- Compiled service record, R. F. Jarvis; Civil War Soldiers - Confederate - NC, U.S. Civil War; 109; digital images, "Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers Who Served in Organizations from the State of North Carolina," Fold3 (http://www.fold3.com : accessed 19 Oct 2012).
- Wilkes County, North Carolina, Marriage Bonds 1778-1868, folder Holloway-Kilby, Jarvis-Pardew, 1864; North Carolina State Archives, Raleigh.
- "AGED MINISTER DIED TUESDAY," (North Wilkesboro) Journal-Patriot, 25 Feb 1943, p. 1, col. 3.