Friday, September 5, 2014

Grandma's Photo Album Page 60 - Wilkes County Relatives


Well, I guess Grandma and I got tired that day in 1981 when I took notes as she told me who was in every picture.  So I don't have any more notes from her.  I'm on my own now to identify who is in these photos!

Top row, left to right:
1) My grandmother's mother, Clara Eve Hettie Ellen Jarvis McNeil (1873-1959).  This is probably a photo for her church directory.
2) These four children are in the front yard of my grandparents' home in Millers Creek, Wilkes County, NC, but I don't know who they are.  The girl in front is possibly my mother, Carrie Mae Snyder (1926-2001). The boy at the far left may be her older brother, James Neil Snyder (1922-1993). 
3) The lady standing in the back is my grandmother, Nora Bessie McNeil (1900-1992).  I think she is holding one of her children.  The little girl in front is the same as in the other picture (my mother?).  I don't know th lady who is kneeling.  She may be Myrtle Louisa Vannoy Whittington (1881-1958), my grandfather's first cousin (see Page 39).
4) This is my grandfather in World World I, training for trench warfare.  He was Wiley Thomas Snyder (1892-1988).

Bottom row - I don't know any of these people!  I sure wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 1981 and have another chat with my grandmother.  She knew everyone in every photo!

Guessing:  The woman in the left and center photos may be the same person.  She may be Sallie Scott Snyder (1900-1970), with her husband, my grandfather's brother, Russell Jess Snyder (1896-1984).  His hair is rather distinctive.  But I'm not sure it's them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.