Saturday, July 5, 2014

Grandma's Photo Album Page 53 - Snyders in Wilkes County


(Left) Jim and Kay.  James Neil Snyder (1922-1993) served in the U.S. Coast Guard from 18 Sep 1939 to 11 Oct 1946.  He married Kay (living) on 31 Dec 1943 in Mass.  This photo looks like it was taken in Jim's parents' yard, so that would be Millers Creek, Wilkes County, N.C.  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't drive from Mass. with a woman before they were married, so my guess is this photo was taken between 1944-1946.

(Middle) I don't recognize anyone in this photo.  I believe this is a photo of high-school graduates in front of the Millers Creek School, in Wilkes County, N.C.  There is another picture of my mother on the same steps in the exact same type of graduation gown.  I guess these are classmates of hers.  She graduated in 1942.

(Right) My mother, Carrie Mae Snyder (1926-2001).  I believe this photo was taken in Durham, where she worked as a nurse at Duke Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.