Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grandma's Photo Album Page 76 - Russell Jess Snyder in Wilkes County, N.C.




Russell Jess Snyder (1896-1984) was my grandfather's brother.  He was called Jess.

I think this photo was taken in a photography studio in Wilkes County, N.C., about 1917-1920.  Jess is sitting in the same chair and backdrop as pages 74 and 75, but I'm not sure they were taken the same day.  In this photo, Jess is wearing a nice suit (possibly the same as in the other photos) but without the vest.  But his hair looks slightly different, and he appears to me to be a bit older than in those photos.

(I don't know what the other picture was on this page.  I have loose photos that fell out of the album.  I'll post the loose photos after the photos still in the album.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.