Thursday, December 22, 2016

Courting Miss Nora - December 11, 1918 - From Base Hospital 17, France

Tom wrote while recovering from his battle wounds.


Wednesday Night P.M.
Dec. 11_18
Base Hospital #17
    A.P.O. #721
        American E. F.
            France  

Dear Miss Nora,
How are you getting long, fine I hope.  I am well and enjoying life fine. They was lots of the boys left today for the States.  Wish I could have been in the bunch but I didn’t happen to that good luck.  But maybe my time will come soon.  I hope at least it will any way for I want to come home now. I haven’t got a single letter from any one since I have been in France. My mail hasn’t caught me yet, don’t guess. Say are you still at home yet?  Hope to see you real soon. I haven’t seen John yet.


[December 11, 1918 - page 2]

I am coming to see you when I come home this time for I have got lots for to tell you. Prepare yourself to take French. "Ha" Say did you get those cards I sent you.  Hope you did any way for they was French cards. So hope to hear from you real soon.  Also wish you a Merry Xmas and a "Happy New Year.  I am with much "Love, your true friend.
Mech. W. T. Snyder.

[Censor mark:]
Ok  Robt. F. Penn, 1st Lt USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.