Thursday, December 29, 2016

Courting Miss Nora - December 1918 - "I am having a very good time"

Despite being hospitalized in France for 3 months, Tom writes that he is having a very good time.  He never mentions his wounds, but is eager to return home, and to hear news of his brother John.  Tom also has not received any letters from home since he was wounded.


[Dec 1918 – not dated – no envelope]
Base Hospital #17
 A.P.O. #721
    American E. F.
        France

Hello! Miss Nora,
Will write you a short note tonight as I am in a hurry.  I am hoping you the very best of health and plenty of fun.  I am having a very good time but nothing like if I was with you. "Ha" Say have you gotten any of the letters and cards I've written you. Listen I have never seen one of yours yet -Ha- and no one else. They have my mail somewhere in my regiment and I've not seen it. Say have you heard from John recently. Hope you have. I haven’t.  I have got something real nice to tell you when I come home. Hope to see you real soon.  Will write you more the next time.  Pardon me this time.  Hope you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.  I am with much love your true friend
    Mech. W. T. Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.