Roberta Estes, a distant cousin, writes a blog about DNA. Elizabeth Day was also her 7th great-grandmother. The title of her blog post is: "Elizabeth Day (c 1667 – 1699), Murdered, 52 Ancestors #40"
Thomas and Elizabeth Day were my 7th great-grandparents. Here's the lineage from my grandmother back to them:
- Nora Bessie McNeil
- George Thomas McNeil and Clara Eva Hettie Ellen Jarvis
- John G. "Blind John" McNeil and Mary "Polly" Nichols
- George McNeil and Susannah Vannoy
- James McNiel and Mary “Polly” Shepherd
- Robert Shepherd and Sarah Rash
- George Shepherd and Elizabeth Mary Angelique Day(e)
- Thomas Day (abt 1651-1706) and Elizabeth (murdered 1699), maiden name unknown
Elizabeth Day was beaten to death on February 9, 1699, in Essex County, Virginia. Her husband, Thomas Day, had injuries to his face, but claimed to not know how Elizabeth died. Thomas was tried but acquitted of her murder. Another man was tried and found guilty. See Roberta's blog post for more details.