Here is the newspaper article about their wedding, followed by the photo taken on their wedding day.
Nora sewed her dress by hand. Her maternal grandfather, Rev. Richard Franklin Jarvis, conducted the service at his home in Wilkes County. I'm sure his wife, Nora's grandmother, Martha Ann Pardue Jarvis, was there too. Other people mentioned in the article:
- G.T. McNeil was George Thomas McNeil, Nora's father. I'm sure his wife, Nora's mother, Clara Eva Hettie Ellen Jarvis McNeil attended too!
- Mr. and Mrs. N.G. Snyder were Nicholas Grindstaff Snyder and his wife, Louise Jane Whittington Snyder..
- Mr. and Mrs. I.R. Vannoy were Isaac Ransom Vannoy and his wife, Ila Margaret McNeil Vannoy, his wife (Nora's oldest sister).
- Mr. J.B. Snyder was John B. Snyder, Tom's brother, who had just been discharged from the Army after serving in France.
- Mr. Jess Snyder was Tom's younger brother (too young to serve in the Army).