Thursday, January 15, 2015

Grandma's Photo Album Page 70 - MacLeans in Mass. and Snyders in N.C.


(Top left) MacLean family in Gloucester, Mass. The woman on the right is Florence Ann "Flora" Gillis MacLean (abt 1891-1951).  The man on the left is one of her sons -- John, Archie, Ralph, Maurice, or Stanley.  The child is likely her granddaughter. My uncle Jimmy married a MacLean daughter, Kay.

(Bottom left)  Kay is 2nd from left, with Mozelle, Nora, and Bette.  Kay, Mozelle, and Bette are living.  Nora Bessie McNeil Snyder (1900-1992) was my grandmother.  This photo was taken on my grandparents' farm near Millers Creek in Wilkes County, N.C.  I recognize the top of the barn at the back.  I guess my uncle Jimmy drove this car from Massachusetts where he lived to N.C. since my grandparents' didn't have a car.

(Bottom right) My grandparents, Nora and Wiley Thomas "Tom" Snyder (1892-1988) and their son James Neil "Jimmy" Snyder (1922-1993).  Jimmy was in the Coast Guard from 1939 to 1946, so I guess the photos on this page were taken before he was discharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.