Thursday, April 4, 2013

Grandma's Photo Album - page 1 - Paul Snyder, Ralph Snyder, George Bumgarner, and others


My grandmother, Nora Bessie McNeil Snyder (1900-1992) had this old black photo album.  I sat down with her one day in 1981 and took notes as she told me who was in every picture. 

All of the photos on page 1 were taken in Millers Creek, Wilkes County, North Carolina, about 1947.  The farmhouse belonged to my grandparents, Wiley Thomas Snyder (1892-1988) and Nora, his wife.  I list the birth and death years for all deceased people.  All people without dates are alive as of this post, as far as I know.

Top left photo, left to right:  Paul Snyder, George Bumgarner, and Ralph Snyder (1932-1996).  Ralph was my uncle, the son of Wiley Thomas and Nora Snyder.  Paul and Ralph are double-first cousins.  I'm not sure who George was.  Uncle Ralph had a wonderful sense of humor.

Top right photo:  Ralph and Paul Snyder

Bottom left photo:  Snyders outstanding in their field:  Jimmy (Neil) Snyder (1922-1993), his wife Kay, Ralph (1932-1996), Mozelle, and Bette.  Jimmy, Ralph, Mozelle, and Bette are siblings.

Bottom right photo:  Paul and Ralph Snyder.  The old garage is behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.