Friday, September 20, 2013

Grandma's Photo Album - Page 22 - Vannoy baby, Grandma Wright, Tom Snyder, Mr. Elam


(Left) "Isaac's baby"  This photo is similar to the photo on page 21, where I have the details.  I believe this is Wiley Thomas Vannoy, who died at age 2 in 1924.

(Top center) "Grandma Wright, a neighbor in Millers Creek."  I have never heard of this lady!

(Top right)  Hard to see - looks like a photo of some horses or mules

(Bottom center)  A young Tom Snyder (my grandfather, Wiley Thomas Snyder, 1892-1988).  I love these candid snapshots that show people in their work clothes.

(Bottom right) The man on the left is a soldier friend of Tom's, Tom is in the center, Mr. Elam is on the right.  I have not been able to identify any Elams living in Wilkes County, N.C. in the 1920's or 1930's.  On page 21, there is a girl named Dorothy Elam, so I guess this Mr. Elam may be her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site.